We have a bit of an obsession with healthy ice creams; from Halo Top to Enlightened, we’re always on the prowl for a good-for-you frozen treat. When a box of Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bars came to our desks, it was mere minutes before all of them were gone. The results? Amazing. Everyone was super into all the flavors.
Yasso’s sweet treats ring in at 100 calories a pop (pun intended), and 120 calories per sandwich. They each have five grams of protein, and are low in sugar – seven grams in the sandwiches and 14 grams in the pops (much, MUCH lower in sugar than the Unicorn Frappuccino). The bars have two grams of fat, while the sandwiches have 3.5 grams. You’ll also get some gut-friendly probiotics from the Greek yogurt, which is a nice added health bonus.
So how do they taste? Damn delicious. Here’s a breakdown of the flavors we tried – S’mores, Toffee Caramel Chocolate Chip, and Black Raspberry Chip bars, and Vanilla and Mint cookie sandwiches.
- OMG, it tastes like graham cracker! These are stupid good. Perfection.
- Can’t believe it’s only 100 calories
- You can really taste the graham cracker, and I like the marshmallow, but I’m not sure what they’re made of. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because of the aftertaste.
- Literally tastes like a straight-up frozen s’more.
- Doesn’t taste that healthy!
- I was put off by the tartness of Greek yogurt with mint, but with the Oreo it works!
- It wasn’t all that minty, but somehow refreshing.
- Had a funny aftertaste, but I keep going back for more. Overall pretty impressive for a healthy dessert.
- So good and yummy!
- Can’t even taste the difference [between this and a regular ice cream sandwich].
Black Raspberry Chip
- Great balance of fruit and chocolate!
- Love the white and dark chocolate with the raspberry – a bit of an aftertaste though!
Toffee Caramel Chocolate Chip
- Very rich! Good, but not sure I could finish it all.
- Good ice cream flavor!
We’re all for living a balanced life and indulging in a treat when you’ve got a craving – you live your best life, girl! But we also think you should be aware of exactly what’s going in your body – and when we heard the news that Starbucks would be releasing a Unicorn Frappuccino, our first thought was, “holy sh*t, that’s gonna be a sugar bomb.”
The crème-based blended beverage has no coffee, so the entirety of the drink is cream, ice, and LOTS of added sugar. For reference, the recommended max sugar intake for a woman is 25 grams per day. Now, without further ado, the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino nutritional information.
|Tall (with whip)||280||39||11||42||4|
|Grande (with whip)||410||59||16||62||5|
|Venti (with whip)||500||76||18||79||7|
So . . . we got the chance to try this exorbitantly sweet frosty drink, it is SO sweet. And as a grande drink will run you 59 grams of sugar – more than double the daily recommended amount (think about that: two days worth of sugar in just one drink), be sure to enjoy this “magical” concoction with moderation.
If you’re trying to curb a sweet tooth without ingesting a sugar-loaded calorie bomb (with a much shorter ingredient list), you can browse our healthy dessert suggestions that not only taste good, but will help you feel good, too.