We have a bit of an obsession with healthy ice creams; from Halo Top to Enlightened, we’re always on the prowl for a good-for-you frozen treat. When a box of Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bars came to our desks, it was mere minutes before all of them were gone. The results? Amazing. Everyone was super into all the flavors.
Yasso’s sweet treats ring in at 100 calories a pop (pun intended), and 120 calories per sandwich. They each have five grams of protein, and are low in sugar – seven grams in the sandwiches and 14 grams in the pops (much, MUCH lower in sugar than the Unicorn Frappuccino). The bars have two grams of fat, while the sandwiches have 3.5 grams. You’ll also get some gut-friendly probiotics from the Greek yogurt, which is a nice added health bonus.
So how do they taste? Damn delicious. Here’s a breakdown of the flavors we tried – S’mores, Toffee Caramel Chocolate Chip, and Black Raspberry Chip bars, and Vanilla and Mint cookie sandwiches.
- OMG, it tastes like graham cracker! These are stupid good. Perfection.
- Can’t believe it’s only 100 calories
- You can really taste the graham cracker, and I like the marshmallow, but I’m not sure what they’re made of. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because of the aftertaste.
- Literally tastes like a straight-up frozen s’more.
- Doesn’t taste that healthy!
- I was put off by the tartness of Greek yogurt with mint, but with the Oreo it works!
- It wasn’t all that minty, but somehow refreshing.
- Had a funny aftertaste, but I keep going back for more. Overall pretty impressive for a healthy dessert.
- So good and yummy!
- Can’t even taste the difference [between this and a regular ice cream sandwich].
Black Raspberry Chip
- Great balance of fruit and chocolate!
- Love the white and dark chocolate with the raspberry – a bit of an aftertaste though!
Toffee Caramel Chocolate Chip
- Very rich! Good, but not sure I could finish it all.
- Good ice cream flavor!
Creamy Greek Yogurt Egg Salad with Smoked Paprika makes for a tasty, healthy lunch or snack. Greek yogurt keeps it light and smoked paprika elevates it’s flavor! Serve on bread or with crackers and veggies for a light meal! This is about as timely of a holiday/post-holiday recipe I think I’ve ever been. Egg salad […]
This post was created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions are our own. It’s still stew season, and to us there’s nothing better than warm stews to fill our hearts and bellies. What are your favorite soup and stew recipes? Since March is still prime stew season, we want to collect your ideas. Could you let us know your favorites in the comments below? (Really–we want to know!) Our pick: this Moroccan chickpea stew, a spiced, comforting mix of sweet potatoes and chickpeas. We serve it with quinoa or another whole grain for a filling meal. Here are a few of the reasons we love it—it is: gluten-free and vegan (without the yogurt garnish), so it works for many diets. fairly simple to make, just follow the typical stew formula: chop veggies, sauté onions, dump ingredients, simmer. easy to transport—we brought it to some friends who just had a baby a while ago, and it was a hit. full of spices from your cabinet, in case you needed a reason to use them! pretty darn healthy, full of superfoods like sweet potatoes and chickpeas. very satisfying—the warm spices make it cozy, and the lemon and cilantro brighten it up. easy to […]