Ice cream. My absolute favorite guilty pleasure. There’s literally nothing better than creamy delicious ice cream, but when it’s homemade, ohh is it just heavenly! Ice cream is one of those desserts I try to eat sparingly (keyword here being “try”), but this recipe is one you can actually feel GOOD about eating! Not only are […]
What could be more profound and exciting than discovering the lost city of Atlantis? Discovering secret new Ben & Jerry’s dairy-free flavors, and then sharing them with the world on Instagram.
BREAKING NEWS: A new non-dairy @benandjerrys flavor, coconut seven layer bar showed up out of nowhere at south square market. I can’t seem to find any info anywhere on the internet about its existence. It was super good. Loved the graham and caramel swirls. The ice cream had almost a marshmallow taste to it kind of. A junk food miracle! EDIT: no honey! Has the certified vegan logo!
A photo posted by Vegan Monster (@phillyveganmonster) on Feb 5, 2017 at 7:09pm PST
Not all heroes wear capes, and while we don’t know if Instagram user @phillyveganmonster wears a cape or not (it appears that he does wear a mask, though), he is certainly a hero in our eyes. Upon discovering the yet-to-be-announced vegan flavors at his local market (“south square market,” according to his caption), he uploaded photos to Instagram to scream the news from a digital mountaintop.
Said flavors are the Ben & Jerry’s classics Cherry Garcia and Coconut Seven Layer Bar, both apparently made with almond milk and certified vegan. If your reaction to that statement is, “sweet mother of God,” you’re not alone. The dairy-free internet has collectively lost their sh*t in anticipation of the release, especially because the brand has yet to officially announce the product’s availability in stores.
A photo posted by Vegan Monster (@phillyveganmonster) on Feb 6, 2017 at 5:22am PST
From what we’ve gathered, we can look forward to the actual announcement in a week or so. Refinery 29 reached out to Ben & Jerry’s and received this frantic yet mostly unhelpful response: “We cannot confirm nor deny the new Non Dairy [sic] flavors coming to shelves in 2017, that we’ll be announcing in the middle of February, no matter how delicious they are . . .!”
Essentially, Ben & Jerry’s has sent us
into a frenzy on a vegan Easter egg hunt and we’ll be ravenously scouring all of our local grocery stores until we come away with an almond-milk-based frozen prize. If you find them, please let us know, and maybe save us a pint?
The second batch of Halo Top flavors debuted late last year, and when the frosty shipment came to the POPSUGAR offices, we collectively lost our sh*t. Seeing as how the first time we tried Halo Top’s original flavors we ended up with best taste test results ever, we’ve been craving this healthy ice cream ever since.
A quick refresher: Halo Top is high-protein, low-calorie, low-carb, and low-sugar. Not that we’d ever encourage you to polish off a pint solo, but if you accidentally happened to do so, it wouldn’t be the worst thing to ever happen to you.
The new flavors we sampled were chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate almond crunch, salted caramel, pistachio, black cherry, peanut butter cup, red velvet, s’mores, and oatmeal cookie. They’ve also launched cookies n’ cream, but that flavor was so good it just happened to uh . . . mysteriously disappear . . .
Here’s what went down with the flavors, in our editors’ own words, from “pretty good” to “HOLY SH*T.”
- “Tastes like fake sugar.”
- “A bit fake tasting.”
- “Tastes like fake cherry candy.”
Chocolate Almond Crunch
- “Too much almond.” (this was said about four times)
- “I actually really like the amaretto flavor . . . tastes like amaretto hot chocolate, but frozen.”
- “I like this but it maybe needs more chocolate.”
Sea Salt Caramel
- “Not enough sea salt.”
- “Kinda tastes like diet ice cream.”
- “Too sweet, missing the salt”
- “Don’t taste the sea salt, but still good.”
- “I don’t even know what this tastes like but I love it.”
- “Why do I taste coffee?”
- “Doesn’t really taste like s’mores.”
- “Almost caramel in flavor, no hint of marshmallow.”
Peanut Butter Cup
- “I like it but I don’t love it.”
- “Good PB flavor, but it’s like a fro-yo that’s trying to be an ice cream. Trying really hard.”
- “Needs more peanut butter cup.”
- “Eeeeh . . . this ain’t cuttin’ it.”
- “Tastes good, but where are the actual peanut butter cups?”
- “Like the ribbons of peanut butter.”
- “Tastes like marzipan.”
- “YUM. Sweet, but tasty.”
- “Very creamy, sweet . . . weird aftertaste.”
- “Very sweet and smooth, but lack of flavor notes (vanilla-like).”
- “I like the pistachio flavor, but there’s a fake sweetness to it, much like my ex BF.”
- “Yes! Not too sweet and doesn’t taste too healthy.”
- “My favorite. Creamy and yummy.”
- “Love the chocolate pieces.”
- “Pretty good, especially for 360 calories a pint!”
- “Like the chunks of chocolate.”
Protein-Packed Arctic Zero Ice Cream Is Lactose-Free and Low-Calorie, and Here’s What It Tastes Like
- “Favorite! I love the real oats; nice texture and flavor.”
- “Has the oatmeal texture.”
- “Most on point, flavor-wise. Has a good balance of sugar, flavor, and cream.”
- “Like if oatmeal cookies and ice cream had a delicious baby.”
- “YES! Not too sweet.”
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- “This is DELICIOUS.”
- “HOLY SH*T.”
- “FAVORITE OF ALL HALO FLAVORS.”
- “This one is so so so so good!!!”
- “SO yummy!!!”
- “The best of the bunch!”